Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (5/4/2018)
How do you like our new look? Every so often, it feels like it’s time for a facelift, and you’ll find that the changes here aren’t all that big. But hopefully the site loads a bit faster, is easier to read on iPads and mobile phones and just looks a little better. Hopefully everyone has a fun and safe Cinco de Mayo and that all of your Kentucky Derby predictions come true. I’m in South Florida for the next week before taking my first trip ever to Singapore, which I hear is a fantastic place to visit.
This week on Forbes:
(1) Razorgator Is Acquired By TickPick, Which Had More Than $100 Million In Sales The Last 12 Months;
(2) A Look Inside Riot Games, From $320,000 Player Salaries To Using Esports As A Catalyst For Sales;
(3) Under Armour Quickly Shifts From Reporting Earnings To A New Trademark Case Against Armore Fitness
This week on Inc.:
(1) Why Top NFL Draft Pick Baker Mayfield Is an Inspiring Lesson in Persistence;
(2) Mark Cuban and Antonio Brown Just Shared Some Valuable Job Advice During the NFL Draft;
(3) The 3 Simple Words That Helped Push Des Linden to Win the Boston Marathon
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- “The pre-draft training process is no longer an option. It’s a mandatory part of the process,” says sports agent Pat Capra [ NFL draft hopefuls are flocking to training programs that help them land on a team].
- A quick video clip from the Green Room [Dallas drafts Leighton Vander Esch, client of Ron Slavin, in first round].
- Mailata’s rugby agent had contacts in the NFL [New Eagles OL Jordan Mailata explains his path from Australian rugby to NFL].
- McNair’s defamation trial against the NCAA has been quite the battle [Seven years after suing the NCAA, Todd McNair will finally take the witness stand on Thursday].
- Doesn’t advise of the agents the players signed with, but a thorough list nonetheless [2018 NBA Draft Early Entry List: Who declared? Who is returning? Who are we waiting on?].
- “Now that I’m older, I can still take the approach with my clients at LSME that I did with Baron [Davis]. The only difference is that I’m older, and I have more life and business experiences that I can explain to my clients daily” [NBA agent Todd Ramasar is a gladiator in the business of sports].
- A bill moving through the legislature would expand the definition of a sports agent [Missouri legislators want sports agents to follow these rules because of FBI probe].