Only a couple of days until I make my first voyage to Singapore, which I hear is just an absolutely gorgeous country. As excited as I am, being away for a week, especially from my little dog Charli, is tough. But at least the wifey is coming on the trip with me. Happy Mother’s Day to all the baby mamas who read the blog! My “old man” softball team that I joined this year is now undefeated at 4 wins and 0 losses, and I’ll brag a little bit about how my bat and leg speed is better than I thought. However, at this age, the soreness is a bitch!
This week on Forbes:
(1) How Blockchain Tech Can Improve The Sports And Fitness Industry With Netflix-Like Streaming Options;
(2) Nike Attacks Puma In Patent Case Over Flyknit, Air And Cleat Assembly;
(3) Poker Pro Who Has Won Over $6 Million In Live Earnings Sues PokerStars For $700,000 Prize;
(4) Intel Expands Partnership With NBA To Find Worthy Tech Companies In Need Of Capital;
(5) Profit Sharing Sportsbook WinFlow’s Plan To Disrupt Sports Betting Industry By Using Hashgraph;
(6) Skechers Says In New Lawsuit It Was Harmed By Adidas Paying Players Under The Table
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Ingram’s reps have since been pretty vocal about the suspension [Saints’ Ingram suspended 4 games for NFL substance violation].
- Preliminary hearing scheduled for May 17 [NFL: 49ers’ Reuben Foster pleads not guilty in domestic violence case].
- Antonio Brown, a Rosenhaus client, has become tight with Antonio Callway, represented by Malki Kawa [A top NFL receiver and Miami native is mentoring Florida’s Antonio Callaway].
- Gronk, Rosenhaus and Belichick met before Gronk publicly committed to playing in 2018 [NFL Rumors: Patriots Working To Tweak Rob Gronkowski’s Current Contract].
- Apparently this is when McNair was most animated while testifying during the trial [Former USC assistant coach Todd McNair testifies he received more than $60,000 from Reggie Bush following NCAA scandal].
- Matt Babcock: “I truly believe an agent needs to manage their player’s market, not create it” [With the NBA Draft coming up, a former agent explains the biggest misconception about his job].
- Un-named agent suggests a trade to Boston for Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier and a 1st round pick [NBA Agent Suggests Spurs Trade Kawhi Leonard To Celtics For This Package].
- Didn’t have amazing numbers this past season [Xavier’s Kaiser Gates hires an agent, staying in 2018 NBA Draft].