I’ll lead with an apology for skipping on last week’s Friday Wrap-up. To be honest, the time of day and day of week becomes a blur when you’re half way across the world in Singapore. When you were waking up on Friday, I was probably 3 Tiger beers deep and stuffing my face with spicy crab. Anyhow, it’s good to be back, but I’ll be traveling again to Washington D.C. next week for some NFLPA-related business. I must travel to Washington D.C. no less than 10 times per year. Hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend. Be safe and have fun!
This week on Forbes:
(1) NBA And MLB Face Challenge In Persuading States To Award A Sports Betting Integrity Or Rights Fee;
(2) The $1.5 Million Expended By LeBron James Every Offseason Is Money Well Spent;
(3) Houston Texans Cheerleader Sues Team For Underpaying $7.25 Hourly Wage And Wrongful Termination;
(4) Arkansas Tech’s Loss To NCAA In Federal Court Reinforces Strength Of NCAA To Hand Out Penalties;
(5) After 7 Years In The NFL, Spencer Paysinger Is Showing Off His Skill Off The Field
This week on Inc.:
(1) This CEO Says He Only Hires PhDs, But Not the PhDs You’re Thinking Of;
(2) Golden State Warriors Star Kevin Durant Reveals 4 Important Business Tips
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Former agent Matt Babcock notes than more than 10 players invited to the NBA Combine have yet to decide whether they will remain in the NBA Draft [Stay or Go: An Agent’s Perspective on NBA Draft Early Entry Decisions].
- Hutchinson is signed with Priority Sports agent Kieran Piller [NBA Draft Combine Breakdown: Winners, Losers, Chandler Hutchison].
- Former University of Pittsburgh defensive tackle is now working with Brian Levy and Goal Line Football [GUS MUSTAKAS HAS FOUND HIS “LIFE CALLING” REPRESENTING NFL PLAYERS].
- Was represented by Jonathan Feinsod during his career [Agent: Vincent Jackson ‘very happily retired’ from NFL].
- Hope he gets help; writing was on the wall with a lot of things including the way he fired his agents (twice) on Twitter [Officers believed Richie Incognito to be in ‘altered, paranoid state’].
- He got into a little back-and-forth with NFL agent Howard Shatsky, too! [Lenny Dykstra mocks arrest charges in bizarre tweetstorm].