Training Camp has officially begun for most NFL teams and thus we are entering the best season of the year — football season. But particularly right now is when morale is high and there is reason to be optimistic. Teams have no wins, but more importantly no losses. It was a pleasure of mine to host a few Miami Dolphins players for a BBQ before the start of Training Camp and before they got “locked in.” Hopefully the next BBQ will have even more players. I’m heading to a Dave Matthews Band concert this Saturday for like the 1,000th time, but all the more excited for it with a somewhat new record out.
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- The author suggests that hiring his mom as agent “might prove to be a genius move — one that shakes up the financial structure of the NFL” [HAS LAMAR JACKSON CHANGED THE NFL’S MONEY MOVES FOR GOOD?].
- Tom Condon is working on trying to broker a deal that would allow the 15-year veteran to keep playing [Antonio Gates’ Agent Says He’s ‘Actively’ Negotiating Contract with Chargers].
- Even though the reported offer would make Donald the highest paid defender in NFL history [REPORT: Aaron Donald’s agent “insulted” by Los Angeles Rams contract extension offer].
- I didn’t realize Winston ended his relationship with agent a few weeks ago.. [Pro Football Talk: Key to Jameis Winston’s success is learning from his past].
- “You never want to give NFL management the nod when it comes to disputes with players — Who hobbles away with ruined knees and busted noggins, after all? — but this CAA gang, based in Los Angeles, has dealt with movie stars for many years, and the agents there only recently got their fingers into the pro-sports pie” [Dear Roquan, please sign soon so we can watch you next Thursday].
- Sanders brings with him outfielder clients Jo Adell and Kyle Lewis [ISE Hires MLB Agent Mike Sanders, Formerly Of Octagon].