CAA Sports Basketball Division has officially announced the signing of freshman Day’Ron Sharpe from University of North Carolina Chapel Hill who will be joining their 2021 NBA Draft Class.
The 6’11″, 265-pound power forward / center is from Greenville, North Carolina and attended Montverde Academy under Coach Kevin Boyle in Montverde, Florida.
Prior to attending college, Sharpe was ranked a four-star recruit coming out of high school and was ranked No. 1 in the nation by MaxPreps and averaged 12.1 PPG, and 7.3 RPG as a senior at Montverde and was selected to play in the 2020 McDonald’s All-American Game, Jordan Brand Classic and Nike Hoop Summit
As a freshman Sharpe appeared in 29 games for the Tar Heels averaging 9.5PPG, 7.6 RPG, and 1.4 APG. Sharpe finished his freshman season tied for team leader in blocks (26), second in rebounding (7.6), and third in team steals (23). In addition to his accomplishments within his team, he also led the country in offensive rebound percentage (.183) and the ACC in offensive rebounds (3.4).
Sharpe received the following accolade for the 2019 – 2021 seasons:
- HS North Carolina Class 4A Champion – 2019
- HS All-USA North Carolina Boys First Team – 2019
- HS MaxPreps Junior All-American Third Team – 2019
- Pangos All-America Camp in Norwalk, CA – 2019
- NBPA Top 100 Camp in Charlottesville, VA – 2019
- HS All-American U17 Third Team – 2019
- MaxpPreps High School All-American Fifth Team – 2020
- ACC Tournament Semifinals – 2021
- ACC All-Freshman Team – 2021