Next Up: Lavender Moses
Adrian Peterson is the man. This past weekend, he put up 296 yards rushing against my Fantasy Football defense, the San Diego Chargers. Breaking the previous single-game rushing record, Peterson has raised his stock tremendously in his rookie year of play. Just how much may that single performance be worth, though? Darren Rovell to the rescue [Adrian Peterson: Big Business As “Purple Jesus”].
- It is estimated that 40% of people who win their fantasy league this year will have had Peterson on their team, worth about $600 million collectively among fantasy winners.
- Peterson’s jersey is now the 11th best selling jersey. Reebok is happy.
- Trading card company, Donruss, has exclusive marketing rights on Peterson. They are also smiling.
- Fathead is now selling a $99 version of Peterson to slap on your wall.
- EA Sports, Nike, and a few other companies are also invested in Peterson’s success.
Purple Jesus (Peterson) may be saving sports marketers and fantasy owners with his holy running one game at a time.