NBA Draft Links Leading Up To The First Pick
Reminding all of you in the Chicago area to listen in on my interview with The Region Buzz Sports Show (1230AM WJOB) at 6 p.m. CST. For everyone else, make sure to check it out when it is eventually posted up here. Now on to the NBA Draft Day links:
- Derrick Rose is going to Chicago. The city of Chicago is already preparing for tomorow. No link necessary.
- Darren Rovell thinks that he has influence in the nickname department. If so, then I think he should tell O.J. Mayo to heavily consider using the name, “The Mayo Clinic” [You Pick The Nickname For O.J. Mayo]. It is so damn goofy, that it may just work. I am not sure that Nike will approve; however, after the company officially inked the one time Trojan to a 4-year deal.
- Is Joe Alexander more marketable than Mr. Mayo? He has the advantage of growing up in the Far East and being fluent in Mandarin. He may be one of the few players in this draft actually hoping to get picked by the Milwaukee Bucks.
- On second thought, maybe Joe is not as marketable in Milwaukee if this trade between the Bucks and Nets is true…
- Check out how Jerryd Bayless prepared for the big day. He bought a black range rover with black rims and packed a light load for NY. In the video, he is sporting a nice JB shirt with a Nike swoosh. Is that a sign that he will be aligning himself with the Nike brand?
- Lots of questions surrounding Trent Plaisted [Plaisted finishes workout routine with Jazz; now awaits Thursday’s draft].
- The Pacers now have the 11th and 17th pick in the first round…if the speculation is true [Raptors call O’Neal trade “speculation”].