A Lesson In Branding
I am a big believer in brand creation. Not only should you be consciously aware of and constantly promoting and enhancing your own brand, you should consider your business as its own separate/ancillary brand. In my case, I work on building Darren Heitner’s brand, Dynasty‘s brand, and each of Dynasty’s clients’ brands. Each one feeds off the other, but they are all separate entities, at the same time. I must also employ unique strategies in an effort to strengthen each individual brand. Yet there are general practices that all brands should at least consider.
Dan Schawbel wrote a piece at Mashable.com that discusses 5 Ways to Take Control of Your Personal Brand.
- Create your Google profile. Here’s mine.
- Reserve your name on social networks. I have reserved “heitner”, “dynasty”, or “dynastyreps” on many of them.
- Establish a personal hub. See www.DarrenHeitner.com.
- Have a reputation management strategy. My RSS reader tracks any stories that are written about my clients.
- Promote your expertise. Email me to become a subject for our Interview with the Agent column. Not worth your time? Okay.
What else should be added to this list?