I am done with Summer law school finals. Business Orgs and Analysis & Drafting of Intellectual Property are out of the way…although I really enjoyed taking and learning the material for both classes. I cannot believe that in one-year from now, I will be done with law school and studying for the Bar Exam. I am about to begin preparations for the 2010 UF Sports Law Symposium. 2009’s symposium was off the charts…2010’s will be even better. Dynasty will be announcing at least 1 more addition to its baseball division next week. We are also working on placing some basketball players overseas. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Seems like a good fit to me [CAA Sports signs Greg Norman].
- Should more players embrace Twitter as a tool to strengthen their fan bases? [Twitter and Major League Baseball: A Missed Opportunity]
- The studs of this year’s Cape Cod Summer League [2009 Under Armour Cape Cod Baseball League All-Stars Named].
- The Rockets are the first NBA team to enter into a direct single-affiliation partnership with an NBA D-League team: the Rio Grande Valley Vipers [NBA D-League Announces Affiliates For 2009-10 Season].
- Do you buy that it’s not about Minnesota? [Sources: Drop in salary affects buyout]
- I prefer partnerships, although not the legal definition [Sponsorships vs. Partnerships]
- Some great advice here [Sports Business Review: Athletes can use LinkedIn to build a powerful network].
- Cheating away money from athletes and agents? [Ex-NFL linebacker Bosworth possible fraud victim]
- A lesson on the 80-man active roster [Why do players get cut when draft picks get signed?].