Cool video above, right? Kind of makes me want to get my hair cut with Commissioner Stern. I am back in Gainesville and ready to begin my final year of classes next week. I made my schedule so that I have absolutely no classes on Monday, which should allow for a lot of work to get done on the most important workday of the week. The baseball regular season is quickly coming to a close, and many of our Dynasty boys have had very successful seasons. We are pumped for next year. I also have a basketball client leaving for Lithuania today. More news on that to follow. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Purke, Washington, and Crow did not sign. But Crow still has a while to come to an agreement with the Royals [List Of First Round Draft Picks To Sign].
- LeVon Washington could have been the biggest loser, although nothing is wrong with junior college [Draft deadline winners and losers].
- Even if Strasburg would have received a little less, Selig couldn’t be happy about the way teams ignored his bonus recommendations [$160.2 Million Spent In Top 10 Rounds].
- I would really like to see a team take a chance on a left-handed catcher [Left-Handed and Left Out].
- A proud product of the Rule 5 Draft [Bill Conlin: Say Aloha to Phillies’ best-ever defensive centerfielder: Victorino].
- Players are getting prepared [NFLPA’s Smith warns of 2011 lockout].
- “One of the most important roles of an agent is to shine when his client gets hurt during camp.” [Negotiating an injury settlement]