I am ready for a new phone. I don’t think I hate anything or anyone as much as I hate the hourglass on my Blackberry Curve. The damn icon is the death of me. I have to take out the battery at least five times per day. But not for much longer. Yesterday, I went to Radio Shack and pre-ordered Sprint’s new HTC Evo, which comes out next Friday. I cannot wait. I’ll have it configured in time for the following week’s MLB Draft. Dynasty is advising some great players, some of whom will sign and others I am sure will end up going to college or staying in higher education. Bar Exam studying has been a grind, but I knew it wouldn’t be easy going into it. I am also starting to get serious about looking for possible tenure-track professor positions in higher education for post-completion of the Florida Bar. I am thankful to all of my friends who are giving me guidance in that area. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- On the White Sox, Astros, and Brewers [In three cities, an essential draft].
- Reasons why it is important for a player to have an advisor [Baseball Draft Questions: What Does Signability Really Mean?].
- We will see if this helps at all, but the hiring should have been done a long time ago [Andre Johnson hires an agent].
- Based on their love of sponsoring red teams, do they go for the Cardinals/49ers? [Did American Needle Just Help Under Armour?]
- Does the NFLPA have the nuclear option of decertifying and suing under the antitrust laws? [American Needle case will have a huge impact on collective bargaining]
- Will the NCAA connect the dots? [Death penalty for Oklahoma hoops? That’s the hypothesis here].
- A big rise in sponsorship revenue is expected [Global Sports Revenue Set to Rise].
- Social media allowing true joint ventures [Athlete Social Media Value Could Be Realized Through Retail].