Really tough loss for the Miami Heat last night. Chris Bosh is not living up to his role as part of “The Big Three” thus far in the 2011 NBA Finals. Let’s see if the Heat are able to take at least one away from the Mavericks in Dallas. The 2011 MLB Draft starts in only three days and will go from June 6-8. It is a long process, with a total of 50 rounds, not including early supplemental rounds. The Pittsburgh Pirates have the #1 overall pick and the Diamondbacks have two of the first ten picks in the Draft (#3 and #7). Oral arguments in Brady v. NFL begin today in St. Louis at the Eighth Circuit Court Of Appeals. Hopefully NFL football returns soon. Shout out to The Sports Rabbi for having me on his Israel Sports Radio show yesterday. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- In case you missed the good Outside the Lines feature last Sunday, here is a good wrap-up of the discussion [7-on-7: A touch-and-go situation].
- Dynasty Football will definitely be sending its drafted player to the event [NFL rookie symposium back on; NFLPA to host in Washington D.C.].
- Is the bonus worth fighting for in court? [Jets lineman D’Brickashaw Ferguson may have $750K workout bonus in jeopardy due to NFL lockout].
- The NCAA is currently forcing players to lie [College baseball striking out on agent issue].
- Cousins’ agent Matt Sosnick responds [SF Giants’ Brian Sabean blasts Cousins].
- “A spontaneous, combustible entertainment vehicle” [Shaq’s Agents Recall Marketing Tales].
- Allocation of revenue is currently 57% to 43% in favor of the players [Trouble ahead? Looming labor battle could blunt NBA’s boom].