I am up in Orlando taking a deposition today; such is the life of a lawyer who delves in transactional and litigation matters. Basketball heavy Friday Wrap-Up this week. It is interesting to hear of some NBA players seriously considering teams overseas. Fully expect each one of them who signs to include an opt-out clause should the NBA lockout end. It certainly does not make it any easier for players with no NBA experience to command big overseas money this year. We have been playing around with the design here over the past week. A few things may still change, but I hope that you enjoy what we have put together thus far. Here are some stories I failed to post about in the past week:
- Michael Lee speaks to Bill Duffy and Mark Bartelstein [Agents provide insight into NBA labor dispute].
- Only 2 teams have fully paid all their players [Best and worst paying Greek clubs].
- Trying to grow its .19% share of the total basketball shoe market [Under Armour Signs Kemba Walker].
- In addition to Rob Pelinka of Landmark Sports Agency [NBA Superagent Arn Tellem Also Plotting China Exhibition Tour During Lockout].
- It gives some guys an opportunity to go back to school [NBA lockout leaves draft picks with plenty of time to fill, minus a paycheck].
- Signature products to come in 2012 [Clinch Gear Signs Linebacker A.J. Hawk to Exclusive Endorsement Agreement].
- Concerns about right-of-first-refusal tags [Potential NFL free agents wait to learn how free they will be].
- A fun read…unless you went to law school and happen to be looking for a job [How Is Law School Like the NFL Draft?].
- 5 key elements according to the author: scope, duration, territory, enforcement, and price [As a Pro, You Created A Brand; Now, Protect It!].