It was not easy for me to write and publish “My Jerry Maguire-esque Moment?“, but it felt damn good and I am so very appreciative of the comments on the post, the emails I have received, and the tweets sent in my direction in response. All of your support means a lot to me. I hope that I live up to all of your expectations. At the end of next week, I will be in New Orleans serving as an arbitrator at The 5th Annual National Baseball Arbitration Competition. Professor Gabe Feldman and his students put on a tremendous event, and I am always honored when I receive the invitation to participate. My birthday is next Thursday. Turning 27-years-young. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- How Matt Sosnick and Paul Cobbe built a very influential baseball agency [Bay Area buddies find success with baseball agency].
- He dropped Creative Artists Agency last year [Zack Greinke still agentless, yet open to extension].
- Wait, he is human? [So, what to make of Scott Boras’ winter?].
- The first executive M.B.A. for professional athletes [New Playbook for Post-Career Success].
- Uncle Luke isn’t happy with Rosenhaus getting rich off the African-American community [Superagent Drew Rosenhaus should give back to Miami’s black communities].
- JR Rickert – agent of Hakeem Nicks and high school principal [Sports agent’s work labor of love].
- 6,400 words seems like an awful lot of type [Prominent NHL player agent gets in blog war…with blogger].
- Is it unconscionable or contrary to public policy? [Is the National Letter of Intent Legally Enforceable?]