This Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up is coming to you from the New Orleans Airport. I will be back in Miami in approximately 2 hours. Just wrapped up another great time in NOLA where I was fortunate to judge Tulane’s Baseball Arbitration Competition for the second straight year. It was also my birthday yesterday, which always makes for an interesting time in New Orleans. Anyway, here are some stories I missed over the past week. Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday yesterday.
- The union would never sign such a waiver on behalf of its players [Players would fight NFL’s concussion lawsuit waiver; league denies plan].
- Eugene Lee (a subject of The Dotted Line) had a client start in the Super Bowl [Show me the (Super Bowl) money!].
- Must have been odd for a town to host a Super Bowl without Leigh’s annual event [Leigh Steinberg’s demons].
- Drug charges in Alabama connected to an August rape complaint…oy [Jeff Rubin, troubled advisor to Terrell Owens, faces drug charges and lawsuits].
- I assume a raise is in order [Nationals media relations manager Bill Gluvna leaves for Boras Corporation].
- Pierce’s agent, Jeff Schwartz, was a part of the discussion [‘We’re all in it together': Paul Pierce discusses the business of basketball].
- I would be the first to support this in Florida [Maryland Bill Addresses College Athletes’ Social Media Privacy].