This week’s Friday Wrap-Up is coming to you from rather chilly (at least for a South Florida resident) San Diego, California, where I am participating at the Sports Lawyers Association annual conference. The discussion is always enjoyable, but I find the best part of the event to be seeing a lot of friends in the industry and meeting new ones, as well. Next year’s conference will be in Atlanta, Georgia. If you are not at this year’s event, I strongly encourage you to calendar next year’s as soon as possible. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Regarding the JR Sports Enterprises’ “War Room” [No rest for local agents during NFL Draft].
- Highlighting Ed Wasielewski A day in the life of an NFL agent].
- Not the best rap sheet [Former UNC football player Hawkins arrested].
- It sounds like Leigh Steinberg’s UC Irvine law course would be worth taking [The School of Steinberg].
- Arn Tellem really wanted to be involved with the Dodgers [Magic Johnson, Stan Kasten, Arn Tellem and … baseball].
- Based on agent J.B. Bernstein [Jon Hamm: ‘Million Dollar Arm’ Sports Agent].
- Quotes from Allan Walsh [Agent says NHL should adjust to concussion safeguards used by NFL].