I hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July celebrations. I am moving to a new apartment next week, leaving downtown Miami (across from the American Airlines Arena) and getting a spot in Brickell, near my office. Here are a couple of articles I published for Forbes.com this week: 1) NFL Concussion Litigation Sideshow: The Battle Between Helmet Manufacturers; 2) Roger Goodell Seeks Attorney’s Fees And Discovery Stay In Jonathan Vilma’s Defamation Suit. Enjoy some stories I failed to write about over the past week:
- A rare win for players under the new collective bargaining agreement [NFL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION STATEMENT ON FRANCHISE TAG CLARIFICATION VICTORY].
- Impermissible verbal pre-draft agreement screams shadiness [Sources: Rams, Janoris Jenkins in contract dispute over the rookie’s financial advisory].
- Support team Israel! [Israel Association of Baseball]
- Tony Godsick moving fast after leaving IMG [Federer, agent starting firm].
- The article begins, “Evan Morgenstein was drunk.” [The Agitator]
- Mark Block was found guilty of trafficking in performance enhancing drugs in 2011 [Sports agent who was banned from track and field in doping case sat in Nike area].