I am very happy to hear that Israel is the favorite in the Jupiter, Florida World Baseball Classic Qualifier. It would be fun to see Shawn Green, Gabe Kapler, and crew compete again on a truly global platform. The team won its first game yesterday against South Africa by a score of 7-3. Minor league first baseman Nate Freiman hit 2 HR. This week on Forbes.com, I wrote: 1) Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban Has No Weaknesses; and 2) Daily Fantasy Football Game Offers Instant Gratification, Payments And A $1 Million Prize. Here are some recent stories I failed to report on:
- Blake Baratz took some heat in the media this week [Aaron Rodgers' leadership called out by Finley's agent].
- Can the UFL ever catch a break? [Dennis Green files complaint againt UFL, Pelosi]
- Octagon agent Allan Walsh doesn’t think Commissioner Bettman cares about the game, the players or the fans [Plenty of action on first day of NHL lockout but no labor negotiations].
- Since 1992, the NHL has lost more games due to labor disputes than the MLB, NBA, and NFL combined [Analysis: The most unnecessary lockout of them all].
- As Norton admits, agents are on the perimeter of the talks [Rant Sports Exclusive: Interview With Hockey Agent, Scott Norton on CBA Negotiations].
- Steve Bartlett thinks only weeks, not months, will be forfeited [Agent predicts NHL lockout won't last long].
- The agency wants a percentage of the transfer fee [Sports agency sues MLS and Galaxy over Keane signing fee].
- Can it! ['Student-athlete' term in question]