Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (10/5/2012)
I’m heading up to Gainesville, Florida today for UF vs. LSU weekend. To say that I cannot wait is a huge understatement. Allen Iverson on Maccabi Haifa for U.S. games? Okay, let’s see how that turns out. I published a couple of stories on Forbes.com yesterday: 1) 1 In 5 American Parents Spending More Than $1,000 Per Child On Sports Related Expenses; and 2) Already Accused Of Not Paying Players, United Football League Faces Yet Another Lawsuit. Here are some articles I did not cover in the past week:
- Some full-time agents could be hurting financially if a season is cancelled [NHL lockout: Player agents feel the pinch of work stoppage]
- Gabe Feldman will never tire writing about lockouts [The Complete NHL Lockout FAQ, Part 1].
- Might as well read part 2 [The Complete NHL Lockout FAQ, Part 2].
- Did he hide an injury or are the Miami Dolphins being shady? [Fight looming between Dolphins, Artis Hicks]
- Rison’s spending habits is really disappointing [Ex-NFL millionaires Rison, Kosar, McCants tell how they went broke].
- Darren Rovell putting some heat on the NFLPA [The NFL’s financial advisory program].