An NFL Concussion Litigation webinar will be hosted on January 8 from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., 2013 with the following distinguished participants on the panel:
- Paul D. Anderson, Esq., NFL Concussion Litigation Blog, Kansas City, MO
- Andrew M. Blecher, MD, Primary Care Sports Medicine, Medical Director, Center for Rehabilitation Medicine, Southern California Orthopedic Institute, Van Nuys, CA
- Timothy Liam Epstein, Esq., SmithAdmundsen LLC, Chicago, IL
- Dustin Fink, MS, ATC, The Concussion Blog, Shelbyville, IL
- David D. Langfitt, Esq., Locks Law Firm, Philadelphia, PA
- Charlie Mullin, Ph.D., Bates White LLC, Washington, D.C.
- Scott Thomas Peters, Former NFL (National Football League) Player, 7 Year Career, Phoenix, AZ
Topics to be covered include:
- The Latest Scientific Research on Concussions and Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy
- Concussion studies: a history of what is known about football and the dangers of head injuries
- What is Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE)?
- Overview of past and recent research findings
- Will CTE become a marker for a signature disease associated with sports-related concussions?
- Update on upcoming studies
- Overview of the player suits against the NFL and equipment manufacturers: current allegations and defenses
- The history and timeline of NFL-sponsored studies and concussion rules instituted by the league
- How does the science fit into the current litigation strategies?
- The legal and economic impact of concussion litigation for players, sports leagues and uniform equipment manufacturers
- Reading the right coverage: Will concussion litigation become a headache for the insurance industry? Duty to defend, trigger, occurrences and other coverage issues
The cost to “attend” the webinar is $129. Lawyers can obtain 1.5-2.0 CLE credits, depending on state requirements. Click here to register.