When: February 22, 2013
Where: Rose Garden Arena - One North Center Court Arena, Portland, OR 97227 (map)
Schedule and Panelists
8:30 am – 9:00 am: Registration
9:00 am – 10:50 am: Contract Negotiations
- Joshua Gordon - Director of Competition Not Conflict at the University of Oregon School of Law
- Paul Loving - Managing Shareholder at The Consul Group and serves as General Counsel at adidas
- Larry Miller - President at Brand Jordan, a division of Nike Inc.
- Elizabeth Tippett - Negotiations Professor at University of Oregon School of Law
11:00 am – 11:30 pm: Keynote Address by Larry Miller, President of Jordan Brand, a division of Nike, Inc.
11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Lunch
12:30 pm – 1:50 pm: Branding and Sponsorship
- Mike Greto - Chief Sports Marketing Officer at the Coca-Cola Company
- Ben Lauritsen - Vice President and General Counsel at the Portland Trail Blazers
- Matt Massari - Associate General Counsel: Sports Marketing at Nike, Inc.
- Craig Pintens - Senior Assoc. AD – Marketing & PR at the University of Oregon Athletic Department
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: The Future of NCAA Amateurism
- Bill Clever - Executive Assistant AD, Compliance at the University Of Oregon Athletic Department
- Rob Illig - Dean’s Distinguished Faculty Fellow at the University of Oregon School of Law
- Billy Kuenzinger - President and General Counsel at BDA Sports Management
- [More coming soon]
3:10 pm – 4:30 pm: New Media and its Effect on Intellectual Property Law
- Guy Blake - Partner at Davis Shapiro Lewit & Hayes
- Margo Fowler - Global Counsel, Brand and Trademark at Nike, Inc.
- Steve Konow - President at Rainmaker Group
- Eric Priest - Assistant Professor at the University of Oregon School of Law
4:30 pm – 6:00 pm: Reception
Cost: Prior to the day of the event, registration is $100 [for practitioners]; $65 [for the general public] and $25 [for students]. Register here. 4-6 CLE credits expected to be offered to legal practitioners.