Big news this week with Jay-Z bringing his empire into the world of sports representation. There are a few stories related to that linked below, and many more across the internet. The Final Four is about to begin, and yesterday I tweeted a few things about Michigan players looking to leave early. Follow me on Twitter if you need to catch up. This week on Forbes: (1) Atlanta Hawks’ Dahntay Jones Partners With Harman’s JBL Audio Company; (2) Ohio State Is Elite In NCAA Tournament And Environmental March Madness Competition; (3) Louisville Slugger Announces New Logo And MLB Prime Bat In Advance Of Opening Day; (4) New York Knicks Power Forward Amar’e Stoudemire To Be Featured In Documentary; (5) Jay-Z Gets Into Sports Representation With Signing Of Robinson Cano; (6) Social Sports Betting Platform Favourit Raises $3.6 Million And Releases New iOS App; (7) Former New York Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum To Represent Coaches And Broadcasters; and (8) Project Brand Is The Future Of Minor League Baseball. Whew…that was a lot. And now for the weekly wrap-up:
- Bookmarked every year [DraftExpress - 2013 NBA Draft Early Entry List : 2013 NBA Draft - Agent List].
- No one has beat C.C. Sabathia’s guarantee [Starting Pitcher Contracts And New Money].
- Some more of my thoughts on Hova getting into representation [New York Yankees’ Robinson Cano dumps agent, signs with Jay-Z’s company].
- The decision can be worth millions of dollars [NFL draft prospects face difficult stay-or-go decisions in college].
- Allegations of coaches offering financial incentives for players to stay at the university [Auburn's Tainted Title].
- The empire expands [Cruz will also work with Jay-Z].
- He picked Sun West Sports [Why Ziggy picked the agent he did, and more odds and ends from BYU's Pro Day].
- “IMG will be sold in the next 4 to 24 months…” [IMG's Pyne Outlines Possible Sales Process For Company].