I am currently in Atlanta, along with many practicing Sports Law attorneys and law school students who hope to one day practice in the world of Sports Law. We are here for the annual Sports Lawyers Association conference. Whether you are in Atlanta or not, check out this guide to following along with the events. This week on Forbes: (1) Football Agent’s Lawsuit Against Former Agency Asks Court To Void Parts Of Employment Agreement; (2) Sherwin Williams Strikes Deal To Become Official Paint Of NASCAR; and (3) United MileagePlus Partnership Opens Vast Membership To Sporting And Entertainment Events. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- “It feels like they’re counting my bank account now.” [Tavon Austin on being a high pick: Everyone expects money from you].
- Raises some questions about NFLPA leadership [NFLPA confirms deal to prop up 2012 salary cap].
- Is it any surprise that the Yankees lead the list? [Money on the Bench]
- Security over risk (plus potential big reward) in this case [Rizzo’s new deal looks fantastic for Cubs].
- SportsPro’s list [The World’s 50 Most Marketable 2013].
- Sports Illustrated’s list [2013 Fortunate 50].
- Tom Condon gets the top spot [The 15 Most Influential Sports Agents].
- Pace I.P., Sports & Entertainment Law Forum came out with a new issue of its publication [Current Issue: Volume 3, Issue 1 (2013) Spring 2013].