Shalom to Amar’e Stoudemire, who is participating in the Maccabiah Games as coach of the Canadian men’s basketball team and is now a part owner of a separate Israeli basketball team. Last weekend in New York was a blast. Now it is back to being in Miami and on the daily grind. I taped an interview with Gregory Reinen of Behind Sports. We talked about the process of being certified as an agent, contract negotiation tips and how the industry has changed based on Jay Z becoming a part of it. Check it out here. This week on FORBES: (1) Sportsdigita Shaking Up Sponsorship Scene With Its Digideck Platform; (2) Ruling Makes It Difficult For Football Agents To Recover Training And Related Expenses; and (3) Ryan Braun’s Suspension Is The Least Of His And The MLBPA’s Concerns. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Good luck to Leigh Steinberg, who is taking the NFLPA certification test today [How To Be A Great Sports Agent: (Part 7) Certification].
- Will Kim Miale be criticized? [Geno Smith deal ties big money to workout bonuses]
- If so, then Kim can quote this high level team exec [Team exec thinks Jay-Z’s approach to Geno Smith deal was overdue].
- Apparently found no wrongdoing [USC Looking Into Jadeveon Clowney, Jay-Z Reports].
- Rough having a $1.7 million judgment against you… [Deputy constables inventory ex-NFL QB Vince Young’s possessions].
- Not a good look for Brian Overstreet [Tarell Brown didn't know he lost $2 million for working out alone].
- Boras Corp. leads the list [The World's Most Valuable MLB Agencies].
- Woods still cashing in [Golf's winners are not always the top earners].