What: The National Sports Law Institute of Marquette University Law School annual conference – Current Legal and Business Issues Affecting Collegiate, Olympic and International Sport.
Where: Marquette University Law School – Eckstein Hall, Suite 238 (1215 W. Michigan St., Milwaukee, WI 53233)
When: Friday, October 18, 2013 (8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
The conference will feature panels discussing current legal and business issues in Olympic and international dispute resolution, the third edition of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) code, the NCAA infractions process, current litigation in collegiate athletics and current legal and business issues in collegiate athletics.
- Paul M. Anderson, Associate Director, National Sports Law Institute, Adjunct Professor of Law, Marquette University Law School, and Chair, Sports & Entertainment Law Section, State Bar of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Matt Banker, Assistant Commissioner for Institutional Services, Ohio Valley Conference, Nashville, TN (L’01)
- Jeff Benz, Benz Law Group/Benz ADR, Adjunct Law Professor, Pepperdine University & ISDE, Los Angeles, CA, and Member, Court of Arbitration for Sport, Lausanne, Switzerl, and Member, NSLI Board of Advisors
- Sarah Bobert, Senior Associate AD for Internal Operations/SWA, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
- Mary K. Braza, Partner and Chair, Sports Industry Team, Foley & Lardner LLP, Milwaukee, WI, and member, NSLI Board of Advisors
- John P. Collins, Partner, Collins & Collins, Chicago, IL, and member, NSLI Board of Advisors
- Timothy Davis, John W. & Ruth H. Turnage Professor of Law, School of Law, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC, and member, NSLI Board of Advisors
- Jon Duncan, Interim Vice President of Enforcement, NCAA, Indianapolis, IN
- Richard Evrard, Collegiate Sports Practice Group with Bond Schoeneck & King in Overland Park, KS
- Kristina Giddings, Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance, University of Maryland, College Park, MD (L’06)
- Martin J. Greenberg, Managing Member, Law Office of Martin J. Greenberg, LLC, Milwaukee, WI, Adjunct Professor of Law, Marquette University Law School, member, NSLI Board of Advisors
- Christopher Griffin, partner, and member of Sports Industry Team, Foley & Lardner, LLP, Tampa, FL; member and Appeals Coordinator, NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions; former member and chair, NCAA Division I Infractions Appeals Committee; founding member and former chair, Outback Bowl, Tampa; former NCAA Division I scholar-athleteA
- Onye Ikwuakor, Legal Affairs Director, U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, Colorado Springs, CO
- Howard Jacobs, Law Offices of Howard Jacobs, Westlake Village, CA
- Rick Karcher, Professor of Law, Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, FL
- Michael Lenard, Vice President, International Council of Arbitration for Sport, Lausanne, Switzerland; President, CAS ad hoc Division, XXII Olympic Winter Games; Senior Managing Director, Paladin Realty Partners/William E. Simon & Sons, Los Angeles, CA
- John Long, Assistant to the University President for Athletic Compliance, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, LA (L’09)
- Scott McDonald, Associate Athletic Director for Compliance, Student Services and Donor Relations, Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC (L’03)
- Richard McLaren, Professor of Law, Western University, Faculty of Law London, Ontario, Canada; Counsel to McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP; Member, Court of Arbitration for Sport, Lausanne, Switzerland; President the Basketball Arbitration Tribunal, Geneva, Switzerland and Chair, NSLI Board of Advisors
- Keith Miller, Associate Athletic Director for Compliance, Baylor University, Waco, TX (L’01)
- Matthew J. Mitten, Professor of Law and Director, National Sports Law Institute and LL.M. in Sports Law Program for Foreign Lawyers, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Brent Moberg, Director of Compliance, University of Notre Dame, South Bend, IN (L’04)
- Bill Nesnidal, Assistant Director of Enforcement, Football Group, NCAA, Indianapolis, IN (L’11)
- Josephine (Jo) R. Potuto, Faculty Athletics Representative and Richard H. Larson Professor of Constitutional Law, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE
- Dan Rohrer, Associate Director of Compliance, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI (L’06)
- John Ruger, Athlete Ombudsmen, United States Olympic Committee, Colorado Springs, CO, and member, NSLI Board of Advisors
- Rodney Smith, Distinguished Professor of Law and Director, Center for Sports Law and Policy, Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, CA, and member, NSLI Board of Advisors
- Christian Spears, Deputy Director of Athletics, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
- Marquette University students, administrators, faculty and staff (no cost).
- Recipients of the National Sports Law Institute’s Sports Law Certificate (no cost)
- Members of the NSLI’s Sports Law Alumni Association (no cost).
- Members of the NSLI’s Board of Advisors (no cost).
- NSLI Internship Supervisors (no cost)
- Executive Board members from the Sports & Entertainment Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin (no cost).
- Foley & Lardner, LLC attorney (no cost)
- Marquette University Law School alum ($50.00).
- Collegiate athletic department staff member ($50.00)
- Law student from school other than Marquette ($50.00).
- Academic rate (for full or part time professors) ($50.00).
- NSLI member or subscriber ($75.00).
- Member of the Sports & Entertainment Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin ($100.00).
- All other attendees ($150.00)