Time to start thinking about New Year’s Resolutions. It was eight years ago when I made it my resolution to create Sports Agent Blog, and here it still stands today, stronger than ever. I must give thanks to the many excellent contributors over the years and a special thank you to those currently on board — Mark Burns, Benjamin Haynes, Brandon Thorn and Chris Lesley. Others have also contributed from time-to-time and deserve my gratification. Amazing Wednesday night game between the Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers. May as well start the Eastern Conference Finals today. This week on FORBES: (1) Sporting News Redefines Heisman Trophy Coverage With Social Media Hub; (2) Miami Dolphins New Partnership Allows Fans To Easily Share Where They Are Sitting; (3) Matthew Stafford And Joe Flacco Top Calvin Johnson And Ray Rice In Awareness And Endorsement Value; (4) NFL Concussion Lawsuit Settlement Agreement Stalled By Judicial Intervention; (5) University Of Florida Among Fashionable Fitness Company’s Extensive List Of Trademark Licenses; (6) William Morris Endeavor’s Purchase Of IMG Worldwide Will Have Electrifying Effect On Sports Business; and (7) Did The Lakers Make A Mistake By Extending Kobe Bryant’s Contract? And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Can’t disagree with the headline [Deeply missed Michael Weiner is baseball’s Person of the Year].
- 40,000 pages of investigative records in Terry Watson related North Carolina agent law case [Attorneys get records in sports agent case].
- Citing my Tweet and the trusty Neil Stratton of Inside The League [Report: Johnny Manziel zeroes in on agent].
- Peter Schaffer will take legal action if all appeals permitted under the NFL’s CBA are unsuccessful [Garafolo: Browner’s agent says fight over drug ban not over].
- Andrw Brandt on the cutthroat world of NFL agents [Football’s Other Recruiting].
- Oh the “circle of agent life” [Even the World’s Biggest Sports Agency Can’t Keep Roger Federer].
- I provide some insight on pages 3 and 4 [IMG Academy was key to parent company’s purchase].