Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (6/20/2014)
It is with great excitement that I announce to everyone at Sports Agent Blog the creation of my law firm, HEITNER LEGAL. Creating my own law firm was an idea I had for a while. It finally seemed like the right time to make the move, and I could not be happier that I chose to go down that path. Thanks to all the clients who have already signed retainers with the firm. The focus will be business transactions and litigation, intellectual property and of course a heavy dose of entertainment and sports. This week on FORBES: (1) Father Of BODYARMOR Speaks About Plan To Disrupt The Sports Drink Industry; (2) Charles Schwab Partners With Hunter Pence To Push New Tagline Through Digital Promotion; (3) Questions About Miami Heat Go Beyond Status Of The Big Three; (4) Noah Vonleh, Tyler Ennis And LaQuinton Ross Describe Their NBA Draft Dreams; (5) Sports Licensing Soars To $698 Million In Royalty Revenue; (6) Loss Of Redskins Trademark Registration Is Overblown; and (7) How A $4.9 Billion Purchase Of PokerStars Could Change Online Poker In America. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- A nice $5.3 million gap between tight end and wide receiver designation [Jimmy Graham Plays Tag].
- I guess that didn’t work [Jimmy Graham’s agent in town to negotiate with New Orleans Saints].
- The struggles don’t begin and end with taking the NFLPA examination [Hard lessons of a 1st-year agent].
- A look at Vernon Davis and his arrangement with Fantex [It’s All About How You Market Yourself].
- Great move to differentiate itself from the competition [One Sotheby’s hires Ben Moss, launches sports and entertainment division].
- Appreciate the promo of my book [Contest and Excerpt from How to Play the Game].
- Howard Jaffe’s charges result from a VIP Super Bowl party organized in Feb. 2012 [Super Bowl party planner appears in court on check fraud charges].
- Wants more than $1 million [Peter Nowak sues Major League Soccer, players’ union for causing his firing].