Shana Tova! Happy New Year to all the Jewish followers of Sports Agent Blog. Jewish or not, I wish each any every one of you a happy and healthy year and hopefully a year that is also full of success. That success is hopefully found by my Miami Dolphins and Florida Gators. Tough start to the football season on the pro and college fronts for me! This week on FORBES: (1) Grey Goose Partners With Virgin Galactic To Dominate Sport Of Space Travel; (2) Coming Soon: Sportswear That Acts As Your Training Coach; (3) Will NFL’s Tax-Exempt Status Sustain Attack By Members Of Congress?; (4) New Jersey Lawmakers Propose Sports Betting Fee For Leagues; (5) Dave Stewart Transfers Sports Agency To Dave Henderson Before Joining Diamondbacks As GM; and (6) Sacramento Kings Partner With Mobile App Uber.
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- NFLPA has started its own investigation surrounding indefinite suspension of Ray Rice [NFLPA Media Update on Investigation].
- Finally in a position where it has some real power [NFLPA has NFL in a vulnerable spot].
- Scored a $500k bonus and $10 million option for next season [Dan Haren’s start kicks in ’15 option].
- Says it’s in vicinity of compensation she received at law firm [NBA Union’s Roberts Gets $1.2 Million Salary, $600,000 Bonus].
- In-depth report on the man largely behind the scenes in soccer [Jorge Mendes: the most powerful man in football?]
- Check out Molly Fletcher’s new book [Former professional sports agent reveals negotiation tricks in new book].