Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (11/21/2014)
Not many Shabbat Shalom wrap-ups before the start of a new year. Where did the time fly? But before a new year comes a wealth of football, including some Thanksgiving Thursday match-ups next week. I was at UNC-Chapel Hill last weekend to celebrate their homecoming. Beautiful place, but boy was it cold outside! Stay in South Florida for a change this coming weekend. This week on FORBES: (1) FanDuel And DraftKings Dueling Over Team And League Partnerships; (2) NASCAR Must Race To Find Ways To Attract More Casual Fans; (3) Increasingly Saturated Daily Fantasy Sports Space Doesn’t Deter DailyMVP; (4) Adrian Peterson May Be Suspended, But He’s Unlikely To Lose Any Pay; and (5) Denver Broncos Join New England Patriots As DraftKings Partner. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- He’s such a tech nerd, and I love it [Carmelo Anthony Means Business]
- You know…the rule that everyone ignores [As Kidd returns, NBPA looking at agent rules that helped him leave].
- Gonzaga’s Mark Few at the top [The Best College Basketball Coaches For The Money 2014].
- Good interview with new executive director of the NBPA [The Woman Who Will Change Sports].
- Because he wants to win. Because what else would an agent say? [Details on Giancarlo contract, Marlins payroll plans, and why he backloaded contract]
- It’s so much money [Critics aside, $325 million Stanton deal is a home run for both parties].
- A cautionary tale indeed [Columbus blueliner Jack Johnson is bankrupt and it’s a cautionary tale].