Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (12/5/2014)
It’s Art Basel week in Miami, which means the streets are even more clogged than usual and parties recommend you dress in some sort of “Artistic Chic” fashion. Tough season for my Florida Gators, but we finally have a new coach. Hope remains high for the Miami Dolphins, with a big game against the Baltimore Ravens this Sunday. Talk of Super Bowl parties and events is starting to heat up, with some announcements coming in the near future. This week on FORBES: (1) Shakeup At CAA: Top NFL Sports Agency At Least Partially Dismantled; (2) Leon Orr’s Agent Opens Up About Representing The Controversial Florida Gator; (3) It’s All About The Draft For Fantasy Sports Startup; (4) Dr. J Becomes Brand Ambassador For Fantasy-Focused Media Group; and (5) Johny Hendricks Adds Unorthodox Sponsor Leading Up To UFC 181. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Interesting note that this is occurring in close proximity to major cash infusion [CAA football division firing could reverberate throughout sports agency landscape].
- Football agent Jack Bechta provides his personal story [Landing the first client]
- Proud to help Draymond with landing this deal [Warriors’ Draymond Green jumps into the endorsement game].
- It’s baseball arbitration season! [Arbitration Breakdown: Jeff Samardzija].
- A ‘how-to guide’ by my friend Jason Belzer [Coaching Carousel 101: Negotiating College Coaching Contracts].
- Sports agent David Sugarman part of the group [Investor Group Reaches $1.55 Billion Deal to Refinance Plaza Hotel Debt].