Octagon announced its return to SXSW as an official partner of SXsports. Octagon will also host a panel session discussing how Hispanic Millennials are forging a new mainstream. Octagon’s panel will focus on how ambicultural Hispanic Millennials are different than other generation and ethnic groups and how these individuals are redefining American and Hispanic culture. The result of this new group Hispanic Millenials has been coined ‘El Nuevo Latino’ identity.
Octagon’s Access Group Director Aldo Kafie said, “El Nuevo Latino are breaking stereotypes and are re-inventing what it means to be Latino.” According to Kafie, this group is “proactively seeking new passions and new ways to connect to traditional passions. Sports, Tech, Music and Food are the Passion Points at the center of shaping El Nuevo Latino’s transcultural worldview.”
- When: Sunday, March 15, 12:30 – 1:30PM
- Where: The Four Seasons, 98 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX 78701
- Speakers: Aldo Kafie from Octagon Access, Galina Espinoza from Major League Digital Properties, Jenina Nunez from McDonald’s Corporation and Gonzalo Perez from Motivo Insights.
- Description: In this discussion, the panel of experts will examine El Nuevo Latino and how these key passions help ENL express themselves, connect with family and peers, and nurture personal and cultural growth. This panel will attempt to show how El Nuevo Latino is reshaping mainstream America.
- By the numbers:
- In 2017, Hispanic buying power is expected to reach $1.7 Trillion.
- Currently 1 in 5 Millennials in the U.S. are Hispanic and 800,000 U.S-born Hispanics enter adulthood each year. By 2025, that number is expected to have risen to 1 Million per year.
Octagon Access helps leading global brands leverage sports, entertainment and lifestyle marketing to effectively reach multicultural and millennial consumers.