Yes, I’m back. Hopefully on a permanent basis, but you never know. Multiple businesses, writing at Forbes, teaching at the University of Florida and University of Florida Levin College of Law, among other things, have kept me extremely occupied. But I can never forget about my baby, Sports Agent Blog. I also will never forget about the significance of this day — 9/11. May we all never forget the atrocities that were committed and do whatever we can to live in a peaceful, loving world.
The Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah approaches us. It is the time wherein we celebrate the new year. So dip your apples in your honey, and enjoy the following sports agent/business related links from the past week:
- NHL Commish is going to watch the process play out for the meantime [Bettman hasn’t spoken to Kane during probe, calls situation ‘unfortunate’].
- Pat Brisson says the investigation has been tough on Kane [Agent: I ‘totally believe’ Patrick Kane is innocent in assault case].
- Former sports agent Doug Sunseri explains why the ordeal has become a ‘big deal’ [‘Ridiculous’: Attorney reacts to police report of incident involving Cam Jordan].
- Football agent David Canter says marketing clients to the league is about being in teams’ faces as much as possible [NFL 2015: Sponsors, Marketing Partners Prepare For Season].
- With a name like Shrimp Boy.. [Six codefendants of Raymond ‘Shrimp Boy’ chow plead guilty to organized-crime charges].
- Sports agent James Gould is part of an investment group advocating for legalization [Marijuana Legalization 2015: Ohio’s Push To Legalize Pot Creates Rifts Within Pro-Pot Movement].