Last week and weekend, I was in Atlanta supporting a HEITNER LEGAL client My Mixtapez at the A3C Festival & Conference. It was a blast to be there in attendance and meet many notable artists and labels in the hip-hop scene. Another exciting moment was accepting an invitation to lead a new sports business beat at Inc. Magazine. My first contribution should probably be up tomorrow. I’ve been staying busy with legal work and radio/TV appearances on developments in the daily fantasy sports industry. I will also be featured on Inside Edition this evening to discuss Lamar Odom’s financial situation. Here are some stories you may have missed over the past week:
- Barkevious Mingo and agent Jeff Guerriero say ‘impact players’ deserve more playing time [Mingo, agent unhappy about his playing time].
- Article suggests that agent Casey Wasserman could be the ‘mystery investor’ [STADIUM TALK: Who is the Raiders “Mystery Investor”?].
- Murtha never asked Bartman to pay for his services [Steve Bartman’s agent keeps the wolves from the door].
- One of the most powerful agents in soccer talks about his agency and clients [Jonathan Barnett: ‘Bale and Ronaldo are complete opposites, but there’s no hatred’].
- Always respect what Molly Fletcher has to say on the subject [Show me the money! How to negotiate like a sports agent].