Happy Mother’s Day to all the mommas out there who enjoy staying on top of the latest happenings in the world of sports business. It has been a fun filled week of Miami Heat games. Although I’m not sure my sleeping patterns would enjoy another Overtime game in this series. There’s going to be a sub-committee hearing in Washington D.C. on daily fantasy sports next week. Keep an eye on that.
This week on Inc.: (1) Meet the Successful Entrepreneur Seeking a Triple Crown; and (2) Sports Betting Mutual Funds Begin to Show Real Results for Investors.
And as always, the weekly wrap-up.
- Could just be agent speak, but what would that gain him at this point? [Agent says Peyton Manning wanted to play in 2016, teams wanted him]
- 1st Draft pick to sign [Vikings Sign Sixth Round Draft Pick WR Moritz Boehringer].
- Goff believes having the same agent as Wentz benefitted both of them [Q&A: No. 1 pick Jared Goff on playing in L.A., Carson Wentz, more].
- I’ll believe it when I see it [Dion Jordan will be ‘comeback player of the year,’ agent says].
- Is Jimmy Sexton the Puppet Master in Miami? [Agent’s mega-dealings with Miami Dolphins sometimes problematic]
- Agent Joel Segal provides advice for those trying to break into the biz [Twitter]
- LeBron is the face of Nike. Ben Simmons is rep’d by LeBron’s agent [Sources: Nike, Adidas to pitch Ben Simmons this week].
- RIP Ed Kleven [Agent Ed Kleven was a character from another era].