It still stings. I have justified the loss of Dwyane Wade as a wise business decision for the Miami Heat organization, but I spent 13 years of my life rooting for him as he wore a Heat jersey. I am one of the rare born-and-raised South Floridians. I cheer for the Miami Dolphins and Miami Heat every year and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Picturing Wade in a Bulls uniform gives me the chills, and not in a good way.
Quick shout out to RealBookies.com for keeping the lights on around here this week.
This week on Forbes: (1) Who Helped Kent Bazemore Score $70 Million?; (2) This Week In Sports Law: Johnny Manziel Malpractice, Green For Jim Brown, Dick’s The Authority; (3) Durant To Warriors Is Thanks To The Brilliance Of GM Bob Myers; (4) Nike Aims To Smack Down WWE In Trademark Battle; and (5) It Pays To Make The WSOP Main Event Final Table.
This week on Inc: (1) How Crowdfunding Has Empowered the Olympic Hopeful; (2) Why Atlantic City Strike Against Trump Taj Mahal Continues Through July 4; and (3) How Brands Seek to Integrate into Live Sports as Sponsors.
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Elway had a conference call with Miller’s agent Joby Branion July 4th weekend [Von Miller’s future with Denver Broncos on the brink].
- Drew saved a man’s life . . . again [Rosenhaus to the rescue, again].
- Herb Rudoy says there was another “very serious, big offer” [Agent: Manu Ginobili turned down ‘big offer’ to return to Spurs].
- “You just get great satisfaction in you being, as the agency, a part of his success, and earning this type of money” [Meet Bill Duffy, the man behind Matthew Dellavedova’s incredible NBA journey].
- Le Batard’s take that Henry Thomas has a conflict of interest in representing both Bosh and Wade [LeBron James emerging as a home-wrecker in Heat-Wade marriage].
- The yearly payments are great for Bonilla and I’m sure his agent doesn’t mind the annual commission [Happy Bobby Bonilla payday, Mets fans!].
- Allain Roy had to take to Twitter to dispel the rumors [Kris Russell’s agent denies turning down offer from Leafs].