Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (7/14/2017)
I attended my first Home Run Derby and boy, was that a blast! Aaron Judge is surely a strong new face for baseball and Miami did a wonderful job hosting the event. It was shocking to see the stadium filled to the brim, as usually it’s just you and your best friends in attendance. Still non-stop news reporting rumors concerning who will win the bidding war for the Marlins. My prediction remains that it will be Jorge Mas along with whomever he brings into the investment team. Peyton Manning put on a good show at the ESPYs, which I thought was produced quite well. And not much else going on in sports other than fantasy football drafts coming up!
This week on Forbes:
(1) This Week In Sports Law: Dak Prescott Autographs, Penn State Suit, Damien Wilson Assault;
(2) Floyd Mayweather Petitions To Use Conor McGregor Fight To Pay Off 2015 Tax Bill;
(3) Robert Kraft And Jeff Wilpon Among Franchise Owners In New Overwatch League;
(4) New 24/7 Sports Network Gets Some Media Valuation Assistance
- Page Olde says his client Judge is “a routine guy” [The marketing of Aaron Judge].
- Baseball agent Bartolo Hernandez faces up to 15 years in prison [Sept. sentencing in Cuban baseball player smuggling case].
- Scott Boras says there’s no foundation for the social media accusation of physical abuse [Agent expects Addison Russell to be cleared after lengthy MLB probe].
- A little background on his time at Penn [Meet Harrison Gaines, the former Penn basketball player who is now Lonzo Ball’s agent].
- Conflict was that they shared the same agent [Memphis Athletic Director Tom Bowen Had Conflict During Negotiations With Josh Pastner].
- Michael Jarman tweeted, “Lukaku for sub 100mil!!! Great signing but that fee is ridiculous” [Sports agent comments on reported Romelu Lukaku transfer fee].
- Wasserman isn’t really painted as an asshole in reports, though [No One Needs To Help True Rich Asshole Casey Wasserman Bring The Olympics To L.A.].