Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (8/25/2017)
Officially less than four months until full usage of #SoaringToNewHeitners and the wedding takes place — in Boca, Florida. It was quite an eventful week with a lot going on at Heitner Legal. Scored a big win in summary judgment for a corporate client that is thrilled with the result, especially since we also helped negotiate the contract that was in dispute. I have 2 fantasy football drafts this weekend, including the league that I run. We narrowed it down from 16 teams to 14 teams this year, still using a $500 buy-in. Those are my only 2 leagues, which I think is more than enough to focus on along with everything else going on in life.
This week on Forbes:
(1) Portland Timbers Sued By Terminated Season Ticket Holder;
(2) This Week In Sports Law: Ezekiel Elliott Appeal, Mayweather-McGregor Streams, NFL Footwear;
(3) Fantasy Sports Site RotoGrinders Acquires Fantasy Insiders;
(4) EXOS Acquires D1 Sports Medicine To Extend Physical Therapy Services
This week on Inc.: The Bubble Has Not yet Burst as Another Initial Coin Offering Emerges
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Adisa Bakari said he and Bell never had any agreement with the Steelers [Le’Veon Bell’s Agent Denies RB Nixed Contract Agreement With Steelers].
- Peter Schaffer says he is going to work tirelessly to make sure Bowie is exonerated [Giants tackle Michael Bowie turns self in, agent says innocent of domestic violence charges].
- The agent who shopped him around cannot be pleased [NFL bust Trent Richardson reportedly backs out of deal with CFL’s Saskatchewan Roughriders].
- Daniel Hazan and Andrew Hoenig have already negotiated 11 NBA contracts [Just 24 and 25 years old, two sports agents out of NYC are trying to make it on their own in a cutthroat business].
- Rapper (and agent) Jay Z bought 3 pairs of BBB sneakers [Watch Lonzo Ball Thank Jay Z for Buying His Sneakers].
- Agent Malki Kawa said that Jones thinks a tainted nutritional supplement could have been the cause [Dana White: Jon Jones failed UFC 214 drug test; title not stripped].