Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (9/15/2017)
The positive news in the wake of Hurricane Irma is that my homes in Fort Lauderdale experienced no currently known structural damage. The negative is that the storm seriously affected the grid. Only yesterday did I regain power and I have still yet to get my Internet and cable back. But overall, I consider it to be a win as long as everyone around me is safe, and I can gladly confirm that to be the case. I spent a few days with my family and my fiancee’s family and somehow survived that as well! It will be nice to finally see the Miami Dolphins hit the field this weekend, as long as I’m able to access the game on my flight home. Speaking of which, I’ll be headed to Las Vegas today for the Canelo-GGG fight as well as Olympia. Let me know if you’ll be in town.
This week on Forbes:
(1) Esports Team Management Company Raises $3.2 Million Seed Round;
(2) This Week In Sports Law: Ezekiel Elliott Suspension, Notre Dame Negligence, Big3 Sued;
(3) The Promotion That Promises An Xbox One X Every 60 Seconds
This week on Inc.: How the NFL’s Case Against Ezekiel Elliott Is Advancing After Week 1
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Neil Schwartz says the move makes no sense [Agent for Texans QB Tom Savage pops off about benching vs. Jags].
- Luck’s uncle, who also serves as his agent, shoots down the rumor [Agent calls rumors that Andrew Luck wants out of Indy “simply false”].
- At some point Redskins President Bruce Allen met with Cousins’ agent Mike McCartney for drinks in Chicago [Kirk Cousins, Redskins contract talks stalled after second offer].
- His agent Harvey Steinberg confirmed that it will not be appealed [Texans’ Brian Cushing suspended 10 games by NFL].
- Hopefully this program is expanded [The NCAA is finally helping draft prospects prepare for life in the NBA].
- Former agent Justin Zanik returns to the Utah Jazz after being with the Bucks [Jazz Announce Basketball Staff Additions and Promotion].
- MLBPA suspended Brian Brundage at least until his fraud trial set for March 13, 2018 [Major League Baseball dashes sports-agent dreams of Chicago businessman charged with fraud].
- Interesting look at a new-ish sports agency that is trying to differentiate itself from many others in the space [Building The Modern Sports Agency: Q&A With AJ Vaynerchuk, Co-Founder Of VaynerSports].