Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (3/30/2018)
Shabbat Shalom and a Happy Easter/Happy Passover to all readers. I posted a quick LinkedIn article this week that explains a little bit of background on how/when this website began. I’m off to the 2018 Miami Open Tournament today to catch some tennis. Enjoying the Miami Heat’s recent success and who knows, maybe an upset is coming in the first round of the NBA Playoffs. Also always get excited about baseball’s return, which starts to fade away as the very long season progresses. It would be nice to see the Marlins be at least a little competitive; maybe that will cause me to maintain more interest throughout the regular season as opposed to the past.
This week on Forbes:
(1) West Virginia Has Become A Main Battleground For Sports Betting;
(2) Here Comes The Judge To Decide A Trademark Dispute Concerning The Yankees Slugger;
(3) Turtle Wax Expands On Existing Esports Partnerships;
(4) Budweiser Kicking Off The 2018 Season With New Beechwood Bats
This week on Inc.:
(1) This Harvard Business School Graduate Leads the Biggest Martial Arts Organization;
(2) The Change Agent Who Has What It Takes to Influence Athletes in Protecting Their Futures;
(3) The Big Idea for These Sports Marketers Is to Create a New Brand of Pillows;
(4) New Project Wants to Make It Simple to Invest in Professional Athletes;
(5) Saucony Says: Never Underestimate the Power of a Donut
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Harrison Gaines will represent him, as he does his brother on the Lakers [LiAngelo Ball decides to enter NBA draft].
- Knows he wants to go pro, since he’s signing with an agent and not “testing the waters” [Keita Bates-Diop will sign with an agent in NBA pursuit, won’t return to Ohio State].
- UF’s leading scorer may be gone to the NBA [Florida’s Jalen Hudson declaring for NBA draft without an agent].
- Played only 3 games for the Tigers; didn’t say whether he would sign an agent [Porter Jr.’s star-crossed stay at Mizzou ends with his NBA draft declaration].
- His agent Waukeen McCoy isn’t happy that Johnny Manziel was invited but not his client [Former A&M D-lineman Henderson not invited to Pro Day].
- “When he first came back to me and didn’t have anywhere else to really turn, it was really scary,” said his agent Erik Burkhardt [Should NFL bet on Johnny Football again? Manziel, Mike Evans made their case at A&M Pro Day].
- His agent Michael Perrett believes Lazard has moved up to a “second round to fourth round pick” [Allen Lazard has ‘definitely moved up draft boards,’ according to his agent].
- Barkley looks at himself as a businessman who is building his brand [Former Penn State star Saquon Barkley prioritizing his time, training as NFL nears].