Happy 4/20 day? Greetings from Las Vegas, my home away from home. I’m currently recovering from a meat hangover, so excuse my tardiness on the weekly column. There was a lot of fanfare over the NFL schedule relese last night, which was pretty much all I was able to watch while traveling from Fort Lauderdale to Las Vegas on Southwest Airlines. Wow, the Internet is terrible on those flights, and the TV options are limited. I need to remember to place that airline just above Spirit when making my selection in the future. Unfortunate that the Heat dropped a home game to the Sixers, so Game 4 seems to be a must-win for the home team. Hope to have an exciting new trademark filing at Heitner Legal to announce later today . . . sports related.
This week on Inc.:
(1) NFL Veteran Antoine Bethea Says the Most Important Thing He’s Learned Is to Pay Attention to Details;
(2) How Mountain Dew’s New Esports Partnership Is Built Around Content and Collaboration;
(3) Visa Hopes to Score with a Fully ‘Zlatanized’ 2018 World Cup Campaign;
(4) $27 Million Is Raised by Esports Fan Engagement Startup
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- A report says that Roc Nation handlers don’t want Barkley taken #1, but instead to the Giants [Are Saquon Barkley’s Agents Trying to Keep the Browns From Drafting Him?].
- In poll of 25 agents, only 10% said Smith’s performance is good [USA TODAY poll reveals union chief DeMaurice Smith has made ‘lot of enemies’ among agents].
- Miale, 38-years-old, holds the record by a female NFL agent for representing multiple top-10 picks [Meet Kim Miale, Saquon Barkley’s Agent Heading Into The NFL Draft].
- Gary Shipman felt it was his obligation as an agent to notify NC State about improper benefits regarding Dennis Smith Jr. [NC STATE DETAILS WILMINGTON SPORTS AGENT AS PART OF FEDERAL INVESTIGATION].
- O’Quinn has hired a new agent since Andy Miller renounced his certification [Kyle O’Quinn: No decision yet on opt-out clause with Knicks].
- Paul Krepelka represented Jordan Staal and Eric Staal among others [Hurricanes hire ex-agent Krepelka as VP of hockey operations].
- He brings along client Jordan Spieth [Veteran Sports Agent Jay Danzi Joins WME as Partner].