2018 NBA Draft By The Numbers: BDA Sports & CAA Dominate
Top Agencies of the 2018 NBA Draft
- CAA – 11 picks
- BDA Sports – 8 picks
- Octagon/Wasserman/Priority Sports – 4 picks
- Two of the first three picks are represented by BDA Sports (Deandre Ayton and Luka Doncic, respectively).
- Nima Namakian of BDA Sports represents number one overall pick, Ayton, and is just 31 years old.
- Three of the first 13 picks are CAA clients.
- CAA with 11 clients drafted had more than 1/6th of the 2018 NBA Draft under representation.
- Noted “super agent” Drew Rosenhaus (Rosenhaus Sports Representation) is officially a representative of professional basketball players in addition to the hundreds of football clients. Agent Bobby Petriella represents the 24th overall pick Anfernee Simons.
- Among the rookies who have signed shoe deals, PUMA has made a splash signing three lottery picks – Deandre Ayton (1st), Marvin Bagley III (2nd), and Michael Porter, Jr. (14th). Additionally, the brand signed Zhaire Smith, who was drafted 16th overall.
- The 37th overall pick, Gary Trent, Jr. is represented by Danielle Canton (I AM Sports & Entertainment). Canton is the only female agent represented in the 2018 NBA Draft.
*Representation information provided by Jonathan Einhorn, verified by RealGM.com.