CAA Sports Basketball division has officially announced the signing of Jalen Green from G League Ignite who will be joining their 2021 NBA Draft Class.
The 6’6″, 180-pound guard is from California and attended San Joaquin Memorial High School, then later finished his high school career at Prolific Prep in Napa Valley, California.
Green chose to forgo college basketball and instead joined the NBA G League Ignite, which is a team designed for NBA Prospects. The team is dedicated to developing top young players through a one-year program focused on NBA Draft readiness and growth for professional life skills.
In his first season with the G League Ignite Green appeared in all 15 games and averaged 17.9 PPG, 4.0 RPG, and 2.8 APG. At 17.9 PPG, Green ranked as the leading scorer for the Ignite.
Prior to competing with the Ignite, Green was ranked a five-star recruit coming out of high school and was ranked No. 1 overall by ESPN and the best shooting guard for the class of 2020. Green later went on to win three gold medals with the United States at the junior level and was named Most Valuable Player (MVP) of the 2018 FIBA Under-17 World Cup.
Green received the following accolades between the 2019-2021 seasons:
- HS All-USA California Boys Player of the Year – 2019
- HS All-USA California Boys First Team – 2019
- USA Today HS All-USA Second Team – 2019
- HS MaxPreps Junior All-American First Team – 2019
- HS MaxPreps All-American Second Team – 2019
- HS All-County/Metro Athletic Conference MVP – 2019
- HS All-American U17 Sixth Team – 2019
- USA U19 National Team – 2019
- World U19 in Crete (Greece) – 2019 (Gold)
- HS Mcdonald’s All-American Game – 2020 (Cancelled due to COVID)
- HS MaxPreps California State Player of the Year – 2020
- HS MaxPreps California All-State First Team – 2020
- HS MaxPreps High School All-American First Team – 2020
- NBA G League Quaterfinals – 2021