Sports Agents Power BusinessWeek’s 100
Everyone loves lists. That may explain why I got the press release for BusinessWeek’s Power 100 list sent to me three times (I’m not complaining…keep the tips coming!). BusinessWeek just announced their top 100 most influential people in sports, ranging from people with thin ties to sports (Dick Pound – Chairman, World Anti-Doping Agency) to those who you automatically think of when you hear the word “sports” (Tiger Woods).
I will let you read the list of 100 for yourself, but I want to mention the members of the Power 100 that are related to our particular niche of the sports industry:
12. Scott Boras President, Boras Corp.
26. Theodore Forstmann Chairman, CEO, IMG
33. Gene Upshaw Chairman, NFLPA
59. George Pyne President, IMG Sports and Entertainment
72. Mark Steinberg SVP and global managing director of golf, IMG (check out our past interview with Mr. Steinberg )
79. Casey Wasserman Chairman, CEO, Wasserman Media Group
83. Arn Tellem President, WMG Management
90. Tom Condon NFL Agent, CAA
- IMG is getting a lot of love from BusinessWeek. Fortsmann, Pyne, and Steinberg make the list, showing that IMG still is in the game of sports.
- Is Scott Boras the most powerful agent in sports? Does he wield even more power than the Chairman of companies like IMG and WMG?
- 8 people out of 100 that have ties to the sports agent industry. Not too shabby…