Going to be at the University of Florida’s 2009 Sports Law Symposium? It is less than two weeks away (January 23, to be exact) and promises to be an excellent opportunity for those in sports business and those wishing to break in to learn more about the industry and network with some of the best professionals out there. There is also now an opportunity for you to get published in Holt Hackney’s Sports Litigation Alert. Holt is looking for somebody to report on the symposium, which will be published in the next issue of Sports Litigation Alert.
The instructions for writing the piece are as follows:
- Length should be 750 to 1,500 words.
- Write in the third person, not first or second (no I, you, or we, except in quotes).
- Avoid the passive tense.
- Use clear, straightforward English.
- Spell out acronyms or abbreviations the first time you use them.
- Every effort must be made to assure that news content is accurate, free from bias and in context, and that all sides are presented fairly.
- All bylined submissions should be accompanied by an author’s biography of no more than 75 words.
Go to Holt’s website and contact him if you wish to receive more information about what he is looking for. See you at the symposium!