Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (5/1/09)
Anyone purchase their TeeBows yet? How long until a lawsuit shuts that site down? Okay, so I have 4 finals out of the way and only 1 left, sitting there laughing at me. His name is Corporations and I will battle him at 8:30 a.m. on Monday. Then it’s back to business as usual, but that business will be conducted down in South Florida for a couple of weeks. I have Blue Key induction tomorrow night. Interestingly, Tim Tebow, is in my induction class and Urban Meyer will be an honorary inductee. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Starting next year, underclassmen will only have until May 8 to test the waters [NBA draft entrants to get shorter decision time].
- In the thick of the playoffs and leading up to the draft…why not a Carnival? [Carnival of the NBA #64].
- Think any agents have talked to this kid yet? [Athlete Chat: Kelvin Amayo]
- Twitter mentions to become a standard part of endorsement contracts? [And now, a tweet from our sponsors]
- As I mentioned in my interview with Paul Swann, professional athletes need to be very careful managing online persona [The Brian Wilson Twitter Saga].
- Start reaching out to UA to procure those shoe endorsement deals [Under Armour Now Officially A Shoe Company].
- A small agency that worked hard for its clients and got 5 of them signed after the draft [NFL: Local agent has five clients sign deals or get invited to camp].
- The Yankees are worth a lot of money [Baseball’s Most Valuable Teams].
This Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up is proudly sponsored by:
UMOO is a new & innovative virtual trading platform offering you a chance to participatein real time fantasy stock-trading tournaments with HUGE money-making potential. You can practice for free or join any of our real money games and win REAL CASH.