Many agencies like to carve out a particular region of the country and focus almost entirely on recruiting talent from that area. It is a good strategy that uses a recruiting budget wisely and allows you to focus on an area where you can easily visit with potential clients. It also lowers the expense of registration. Many states require agents, and sometimes their agencies (separately), to register as athlete agents and pay a hefty yearly fee. I focus my recruiting efforts in Florida (where I am registered). Bryan Swalley (a baseball agent with Dynasty), focuses on West Virginia (where he is registered). Willis & Woy Sports Group focuses on Texas and Oklahoma. The list of fourteen players they have signed to represent in the upcoming draft is proof of their regional focused strategy.
- Daryl Washington, Linebacker Texas Christian University
- Nick Sanders, Cornerback Texas Christian University
- Marshall Newhouse, Offensive Tackle Texas Christian University
- Rafael Priest, Cornerback Texas Christian University
- Joseph Turner, Running Back Texas Christian University
- Perrish Cox, Cornerback Oklahoma State University
- Lucien Antoine, Safety Oklahoma State University
- Patrick Lavine, Linebacker Oklahoma State University
- Keith Toston, Running Back Oklahoma State University
- Chris Chancellor, Cornerback Clemson University
- Emmanuel Sanders, Wide Receiver Southern Methodist University
- Brian Jackson, Cornerback University of Oklahoma
- Larry Hart, Linebacker University of Central Arkansas
- Jeff Moturi, Wide Receiver University of Texas-El Paso
A lot of TCU and a lot of OSU. Willis & Woy Sports Group hopes that the players are able to find a good home in the NFL and join some of their other NFL clients, which include Flozell Adams, Roy Williams (the safety), and Donald Driver.