Let’s call it a wrap on the Florida Gators football season. It’s too bad we can’t call it a wrap on this Cameron Newton mess. It’s like Brett Favre coverage, but with something that actually matters. At some point, though, enough is enough. Today is the deadline for MLB teams to set their 40 Man Rosters for the purpose of the Rule 5 Draft at the Winter Meetings. I will be focusing on what the Kansas City Royals decide to do. My fantasy football team is 9-1 (it should be 10-0, but I lost the first week by .06), and I am going up against my rival – the only other 9-1 team in the league (it is a 12 person league). So on Sunday, my eyes will be focused on my Yahoo! Fantasy Football Android app while I am at a friend’s engagement party. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Not exactly the $40 million in guaranteed money that was originally flaunted [Donovan McNabb’s guaranteed money: $3.5 million].
- The “godfather of agent misbehavior” [Norby Walters doesn’t regret role in college football scandal].
- Because UNC has not yet suffered enough [NCAA says two Heels cannot play].
- Fingers crossed that the NFLPA doesn’t adopt the NBPA’s rule that an agent can’t represent both a player and coach? [Jimmy Sexton, Pat Dye merge firms]
- Already brokered $57.25MM worth of contracts since the start of free agency [ACES Agency Off To A Great Start].
- Such an awesome resource [HoopsHype – NBA Sneakers].
- Highlights an agency named Allegiance Sports Group [Yes, skiers have agents].
- The list begins with Bill Strickland and ends with Larry Reynolds [11 Black Sports Agents Transforming Players into SuperStars].