It is well known that I am a Florida Gators fan, but even I could not believe when it was announced that the Gators received the #2 seed in the Southeast bracket. The Gators have an experienced starting line-up with some very talented young players coming off of the bench. Even though the team lost in the Finals of the SEC Championship, the Gators have a chance of playing well enough to make the Final Four. Here are some Gators who have made the pros, along with their agents of record.
- Matt Bonner – Kenny Grant (Championship Sports)
- Corey Brewer – Happy Walters (Rogue Sports)
- Taurean Green – Andy Miller (ASM Sports). Currently plays for CB Gran Canaria in the Canary Islands.
- Udonis Haslem – Henry Thomas (Creative Artists Agency)
- Al Horford – Arn Tellem (Wasserman Media Group). Aaron Goodwin was not pleased about losing Horford.
- David Lee – Mark Bartelstein (Priority Sports)
- Mike Miller – Arn Tellem (Wasserman Media Group)
- Joakim Noah – Bill Strickland (Lagardere Unlimited)
- Marreese Speights – Andy Miller (ASM Sports)
- Jason Williams – Dan Tobin (Wasserman Media Group)
Another school where Wasserman Media Group has a strong presence. Arn Tellem and his crew have established themselves on quite a few campuses. Other familiar names include Priority Sports, ASM Sports, and Lagardere Unlimited. Brewer was not originally with Happy Walters when he left the University of Florida.
I think the draft stock of Florida players will have a lot to do with how the team fares in the NCAA Tournament. Patric Young will not be leaving after his Freshman year, even though if he did, he would likely be a first round pick. Chandler Parsons is an interesting player that a team may take a chance on. At 6’9 he has strong ball handling skills, and seems to be “good” at just about everything, other than shooting free throws. Twenty-four year old Vernon Macklin would really have to step it up in the Tournament to be a 2nd rounder. He could still find himself on an NBA roster eventually, though.
2 replies on “Agent Selection Scenarios: Florida Basketball”
We will see how they fare against my alma mater UCSB 🙂 I believe in miracles, but you never just do know! Best of luck to the gators
Anything is possible in the NCAA Tournament. Right now I have 2 #1 seeds, a #4 seed, and a #11 seed making the Final Four.