Last weekend in Memphis, Tennessee was a great success. We put together a tremendous Professional Sports Counseling Panel at the University of Memphis and received fantastic feedback from athletes, parents, agents, and administrators with regards to Memphis’ first Agent Day. I have to really thank my partner Jason Belzer; he is the reason that Collegiate Sports Advisors is going to be a successful venture. Lots of big deals being brokered in the NBA and MLB. Any readers spend some time in Dallas during the Baseball Winter Meetings? Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- A few good questions for athletes and their parents to ask agents [Inside the player-agent interviews].
- Top revenue earners and spenders discouraged from spending more [Did The Baseball Union Make a Colossal Mistake?].
- Scott Boras still thinks players will slide down the draft board to big market teams [Signing-bonus constraints to impact Draft].
- Brad Ames of Priority Sports was wrong – Pargo was not a free agent [FIBA Ruled – Jeremy Pargo Violated His Contract, Owes Maccabi $270,000].
- J.R. Smith had 52 points and 22 rebounds in a game in China.. [Free-agent buzz: Players seek way out of China].
- It really is a big deal that players kept guaranteed contracts and a soft salary cap [Don’t weep for the NBA players].