Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (1/6/2012)
Welcome to 2012! I hope all of you are still sticking to your New Years resolutions. My personal resolutions are to stop biting my nails, stop cracking my knuckles, smile more often, and cut out some red meat from my diet. Huge news yesterday with the announcement of Lagardère Unlimited acquiring Gaylord Sports Management Group. It is certainly signing season in football. I probably hear of roughly 10 new player/agent signings per day. I do not cover all of the signings on Sports Agent Blog, though. Follow me on Twitter to receive some of the signings information that does not get posted on this site. And make sure to check out the exciting new MSBA program that Ben Sturner and co. have put together! Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Scott Boras loves creating books [After hearing Garza price, Yankees eye E-Jax].
- Magic Johnson, Peter O’Malley, Steve Garvey, Orel Hershiser, Fred Claire, Arn Tellem, Dennis Gilbert, Mark Cuban… [Torre brings credibility to Dodger ownership bid].
- Usually 40-45 underclassmen get invited [Q & A on NFL Scouting Combine invites].
- Nick Saban and Les Miles will make a cool $200,000 bonus each just for having their teams play in the national championship game [From the Sideline to the Bottom Line].
- Jeanne McNulty (now Jeanne King) has been mostly representing female basketball players overseas for the past 15 years [Work as agent keeps McNulty in the game].
- Show me the the “highly sensitive” ESPN and BCS agreements [Ex-players seek ESPN, BCS contracts from SEC].